When trying to lose weight or tone up, people often think that using weights or machines will give them the results they want. While it that can help, when in a pinch there is another option. Simply use your own body weight. It can be a great way to gain strength, build muscle, enhance cardiovascular fitness, and burn fat. There are so many easy fun workouts you can do. One of my favourite things to do is to combine both cardio and strength. This is a very efficient way to save time and get an overall great workout. Combining moves like jumping jacks or Burpees in between your strength exercise will keep your heart rate up and those calories burning.
- Increase over all body strength -When using your own body strength you are adding the benefit of working more than one muscle at a time ex, a simple plank hold you are working your triceps, core, shoulders , gluts and legs in just one exercise.
- Increase flexibility – Allowing your body to get full range of motion
- Better balance
- Results – The combination of using more than one muscle group increases the amount of calories burned.
- Convenience– less time consuming, you can combined different muscle groups, as well as your cardio workout.
- Makes fitness fun! – You can do body weight training just about anywhere indoors, outdoors, on your own or in a group.
When I was going through my weight loss journey, body weight training was one of my favourite routines. I love the fact that I can change up my workouts, combine different muscles groups and get my cardio in all at once. If you’re looking for a fun way to be fit look at using your body to build the best you!