What rules, standards or tips do you live by? Do you follow a code or a certain creed? When it comes to health and wellness I know I try to live by these 8 health tips below…
- Think Positive. Have the right attitude. You need to be in the right mindset. You have to know your goals, believe in yourself and never give up. Always repeat ” I think I can.” Because at the end of the day you can. So many people get started and end up never succeeding. Stay strong, believe and never give up!
- Set a “5-Meal Ideal.” Five meals per day will help you manage your weight, help you keep your cool and maintain your focus and avoid food cravings. Try eating breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner.
- Drink More Water. One of the most important and easiest things to do is to drink more water. Consume 6-8 glasses daily. Staying hydrated also helps you to not over eat.
- Exercise Daily. When most people see the word exercise, they cringe. Exercise can be fun and there are so many activities out there that you can do daily for fitness. Things like simply walking to the park with the kids, swimming in the pool, going on bike rides and just staying active. More importantly get up and get moving!
- Get a Good Night’s Rest. Sleep is crucial! You need energy to help you stay motivated and you need to give your body all the rest it needs. Aim for the recommended 8 hours per night.
- Consume Foods Over Supplements. Supplements are not a substitute for a good diet. You need to eat all types of real food. Usually the foods on the outside aisles of the grocery store. The ones with no barcodes typically.
- Get Satisfaction. Both eating and physical activity are fun! Always think back on how far you came and how good you feel everyday. Day by day you will feel the difference and see the difference. Be proud of yourself!
- Give Yourself a Break. Give yourself a day off here and there. One where you don’t have to workout or really pay attention to what you are eating.
Life comes and go’s in an instant at times. The quality of life you live can be greatly determined in most cases by the actions and choices you make. Enjoy life, you deserve it!
What health tips do you live by? Are there ones that you follow not listed here? Tell us on our blog by commenting below because we would like to know.
Natasha Giammarco, Vaughan Personal Trainer